Logo of AKNS Parent Support Group
Parent Support Group
- The aim of the AKNS Parent Support Group (PSG) is to support school’s vision of ‘Excellence Through Teamwork’ through the development of parent-school-community engagement, which ultimately enriches the lives of all our children.
- AKNS PSG aims to foster parent-school-community cooperation, communication, inclusion & partnership.
- The school Principal is ultimately responsible for the management of all aspects of the school. PSG aims to improve parent-school-community communication and engagement, and not to manage any of school’s affairs.
Membership and Meetings
- All parents will be invited to elect an Executive Committee at an Annual General Meeting held in October each year, for the coming academic year.
- All AKNS parents/guardians have the right to nominate themselves to join PSG, subject to agreeing to abide by its Charter.
- Executive Council will nominate themselves using the approved application format and criteria for the following positions:
- Secretary (takes/publishes meeting minutes, sends meeting reminders, compiles Annual Report, sends letters, makes bookings for events/guest speakers etc.)
- Assistant Secretary (supports the Secretary as above)
- KG Representative
- G1-5 Representative
- G6-9 Girls Representative
- G10-12 Girls Representative
- G6-9 Boys Representative
- G10-12 Boys Representative
- Treasurer (keeps accounts, provides accounts to be included in Annual Report)
- The existing Executive Council and Chairperson will shortlist candidates for the final vote according to set criteria for the coming academic year.
- PSG will be chaired by AKNS Parent Relations Executive (PRE). The Chairperson schedules and leads meetings.
- The PEG Chairperson will call regular meetings (at least twice per Term), publish Meeting Minutes and liaise/brief between school management and PSG.
Role and Responsibilities
- PSG Chairperson will ensure production of an Annual Report, to be published to all parents in June. This Report will include details about activities, achievements, finance and future plans.
- Key decisions will be made with a majority vote, according to the attendees of any PSG meeting.
- Meetings require at least five working day’s notice.
- The Executive Committee may amend this policy subject to a minimum of 5 signatures and Principal agreement.
- The Treasurer will keep full and accurate accounts of all income and expenditure. Funds will be kept in the school safe for access and use as required by PSG.
- Any PSG expenditure will be agreed at PSG meetings by majority vote.