GEMS Wellington Primary School admits pupils in line with the Dubai Ministry regulations and the GEMS admission policy.
Enquires regarding the school can be made via the on line enquiry form which can be accessed via this web site or by contacting the school directly. The Registrar is available to provide personalised tours and to answer any individual queries regarding admissions.
During this meeting the Registrar will be able to assist parents with the completion of all paperwork concerning registration. Providing that the registration process is complete and within Ministry cut off dates, places are offered immediately.
GEMS Wellington Primary School's admissions policy considers all children. Families are welcome to apply to GWPS regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender or religion. GWPS is a truly inclusive, international school.
Whenever possible we aim to interview every GWPS child and their parents prior to entry and each child must take an age related placement test to ensure that they are ready for the high quality education on offer at GWPS.
When considering placing a child within GWPS we consider the information provided by the child, parents, evidence from the previous school (school reports), the placement test and any other information that has been provided.
NB: A child does not have to achieve a certain 'mark' on the placement test to gain admission to the school - the test is purely used as a base line indicator.
Documents required for registration are as follows:
- 2 copies of your child's passport plus UAE entry stamp and/or residency page;
- 2 copies of both parent's / legal guardian's passports plus UAE entry stamp and/or residency page;
- 4 recent passport photographs (on photographic paper on white background please);
- Copies of your child's last 2 school reports for all children entering Year 1 and above;
- Transfer certificate: see below;
- Full details of any special educational needs, individual education plans (IEPs) and any Educational Psychologist's or other therapists reports available. It is essential that all educational history is presented to GWPS prior to a place being offered;
- 2 copies of your child's birth certificate (residents of some countries must produce an attested copy);
- Full details of all vaccinations and immunizations for your child;
- Registration fee of AED 500 (non-refundable).
An application form is available to download via this web site. This then needs to be submitted with the appropriate supporting documents as itemised above. Alternatively application forms are available via the school.
Please note that registration does not guarantee your child a place. Applicants to GWPS are advised to regularly contact the Registrar to discuss the status of their application.
Receiving an offer of a place at GEMS Wellington Primary School, Dubai does not automatically give a right of access to any other GEMS school.
Every student is required by UAE Ministry of Education Law to produce a transfer certificate from their last school. This is strictly enforced and failure to produce a properly completed certificate, or a legally binding undertaking to produce all the necessary documentation, will result in your child's place being withdrawn. Please discuss your child's transfer certificate requirements with the Registrar as your country of origin and last school is taken into consideration.
The Certificate must be on official school letterhead and must contain the following information:
- Full name of the child
- Date of enrolment in the school
- Child's date of birth
- Date the child left the school
- Grade / Class on leaving the school
- School stamp and signature of the Principal
- Curriculum used
NB: Children coming from countries other than United States, Australia, Canada, Europe and New Zealand should have the original Transfer Certificate (TC) attested by:
- Ministry of Education (from country of TC origin)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (from the country of TC origin)
- UAE Embassy (from the country of TC origin)