GEMS ensure that the highest possible standards of education are maintained in every school. Students are provided with teaching and learning opportunities that match their specific needs.
Rigorous self-evaluation programmes, whole school reviews and Professional Development Programmes for teachers ensure continuous improvement. These standards are further validated by accrediting agencies such as CIS, NEASC and the IBO.
Our world topping success - at school and beyond
In the last ten years, GEMS students have won over 300 international and regional awards for academics, sports and the arts.
Our external examination results in both the National Curriculum for England and Indian Curriculum are up to 20% higher than home country averages for our international curricula.
At GEMS flagship American Academy, students in the Middle School and Elementary school taking the Iowa Test of Basic Skills (ITBS) score one to two years above grade level in the areas of Reading, Language, and Math. Over the past four years, the same Academy has produced International Baccalaureate scores that are consistently higher than the world-wide mean, both in individual subject grades and overall total scores.
The graduating classes achieved a mean score that was four points higher than the mean score world-wide for that session. The overall pass rate of students has been 15% above the worldwide pass rate.
We have been delighted to see GEMS students come top of the world in individual externally validated exams.
- Top of the world, Cambridge IGCSE English Literature
- Top of the world, Cambridge IGCSE Business Studies Exam
- Top of the World, Cambridge IGCSE English as a Second Language
- One of World’s Top Five - Edexel GCSE French scores
- Three of World’s Top Five Edexel GCSE Spanish scores
- Second in the World for ISC Exams
- Top of the World Cambridge IGCSE Environmental Management
- Top of the World, Cambridge IGCSE English Literature
- Second in the World Cambridge IGCSE Biology