Enrolling at GEMS JPS
GEMS JPS prides itself on an admissions policy that does not discriminate against any child or their family. All children are welcome to apply to GEMS JPS regardless of nationality, ethnicity or religion. GEMS JPS is a truly international school.
GEMS JPS has limited space for children with additional learning needs but does not have provision for children with severe or complex special educational needs. Whenever possible we aim to interview every GEMS JPS child and their parents prior to entry and each child must take an age related placement test to ensure that they are ready for the high quality education on offer at GEMS JPS.
Admissions to GEMS JPS can be made at any time through the Registrar, although there are cut-off dates during the year, which are designated by the Ministry of Education. The Ministry of Education also requires all students to submit certain documents to the school before they can enter the educational system in Dubai.
Failure to present all documentation may result in your children losing their place at GEMS JPS.
- 2 copies of your child's passport plus UAE entry stamp and/or Residency Visa page;
- 2 copies of a parent's / legal guardian's passport plus UAE entry stamp and/or Residency Visa page;
- 4 recent passport photographs (on photographic paper please);
- Copies of your child's last 2 school reports for all children entering Year 1 and above;
- Transfer certificate. Please see below;
- Full details of any special educational needs and individual education plans (IEPs) plus any Educational Psychologist's report if completed. It is essential that all educational history is presented to GEMS JPS prior to a place being offered;
- 2 copies of your child's birth certificate (residents of some countries must produce an attested copy);
- Full details of all vaccinations and immunizations for your child;
- Registration fee of AED 500 (non-refundable).
You can download the Registration Form in pdf format and submit it with all the required documentation.
Registration does not guarantee your child a place. Applicants to GEMS JPS are advised to regularly contact the Registrar to discuss the status of your application.
Receiving an offer of a place at GEMS JPS Dubai, does not automatically give a right of access to any other GEMS school.
Every student is required by UAE Ministry of Education Law to produce a transfer certificate from their last school. This is strictly enforced and failure to produce a properly completed certificate, or a legally binding undertaking to produce all the necessary documentation, will result in your child's place being withdrawn. Please discuss your child's transfer certificate requirements with the Registrar as your country of origin and last school is taken into consideration.
The Certificate must be on official school letterhead and must contain the following information:
- Full name of the child
- Date of enrolment in the school
- Child's date of birth
- Date the child left the school
- Grade / Class on leaving the school
- School stamp and signature of the Principal
- Curriculum used
NB: Children coming from countries other than United States, Australia, Canada, Europe and New Zealand should have the original Transfer Certificate (TC) attested by:
- Ministry of Education (from country of TC origin)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (from the country of TC origin)
- UAE Embassy (from the country of TC origin)
Please be aware that children transferring from other education systems (including USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa) maybe placed in a Year Group lower than expected by their chronological age due to MoE regulations about placement out of their current system’s sequence.
The MoE has specific cut off dates regulating the transfer of children within the UAE and from overseas which GEMS JPS adheres to. Please discuss these with the Registrar on application and satisfy yourself you will be able to fully confirm to these regulations.