Student Admissions and Policy
Admission to the College for students in Years 7 to 13 is as per our Admissions Policy below:
Year 7 Admissions Criteria - 2013 Entry
Admissions to Jumeirah College are conducted in a fair and equitable fashion. The close of application date will be Monday 3 December in 2012. The admissions policy for 2013 / 2014 is that students will be admitted under the following procedure and in the following order of priority:
1. All students making an application to the College will sit a common assessment test. Jumeirah Primary School (JPS) students will take the test at their current school on Wednesday 9 January 2013. Siblings (non JPS) of students in Jumeirah College will take the test on the afternoon of Thursday 10 January 2013 at Jumeirah College. All other applicants will take the test on Saturday 12 January 2013 at Jumeirah College. Timings to be advised.
2. Following the test results and the receipt of projected Key Stage 2 levels for each student, places will be offered in the following order of priority:
a) Year 6 student at Jumeirah Primary School at time of application
b) A sibling of a student already attending the College
c) Son/daughter of a member of staff at the College or GEMS employee
d) Year 6 students from other schools
3. Should the number of applications from the first three criteria exceed the number of places available, then students will be ranked and offered a place in order of test result and KS2 projected levels. All other applicants will be ranked subsequently and places will be offered to those candidates when numbers allow.
4. Where a child has a particular learning need that would affect their ability to access the curriculum unsupported, the capacity of both the College and Support for Learning Department will be the deciding factor whether a place at the College will be offered following interview and consultation with the home Primary School.
5. All offer of places are subject to satisfactory school report.
Arrangements for Casual Admissions to Year 8 - 10 throughout the year:
The Registration Department, along with the Senior Leadership Team, will test and evaluate applications made throughout the year. Admissions will be based upon availability in the year group, specific learning requirements and the outcomes of reports and test results.
Sixth Form Admission
External students applying for admission to Jumeirah College should note that the Sixth Form Information Evening takes place in January 2013, where details of each A level course offered will be discussed at length and a Sixth Form Prospectus will be available.
Sixth Form Entry Requirements
The minimum grades which students need to achieve as an entry requirement to A levels are four B grades and two C grades at GCSE, two of which must be English and Mathematics. All applicants should refer to the Sixth Form Prospectus for entry requirements for each individual subject. The majority of students will opt to pursue four A levels.
NB: Incomplete applications cannot be accepted and applications are valid for two academic years only.