Transport – STS
- School Transport Services LLC (STS) operates the buses in compliance with the guidelines of regulatory authorities.
- All drivers of STS are fully trained, holding RTA issued college bus driving licence and participate in our ongoing customer care and drivers’ training courses. They undergo a minimum of 30 hours of Safe Drivers’ Training Course, in a year.
- All buses have designated pick up and drop off points.
- It is the responsibility of the parent(s) to ensure that their child / children is/are at the pick-up point at the designated time. Buses will not leave from collection points ahead of schedule. However, due to traffic pressures, buses will not be able to wait at pick-up points after the scheduled time. Due to traffic delays buses may arrive at pick-up and drop-off points behind schedule.
- Adults designated to pick up children should carry photo ID in the event that verification of identity is required.
- Written request, signed by the parent/guardian, for reasons of safety and security, is required if a drop-off other than usual is requested.
- Parents are required to inform the drivers / CCE if a student is absent on a particular day. If a student does not want to use the return trip on any particular day the parent should give a written communication / send an e-mail to the CCE.
- In case of change of residence, provision of transport service will be subject to the availability of seats on established routes. Fees as applicable to the new pick up area as per the fee structure will apply.
- For safety reasons, eating and drinking on the bus other than water will not be permitted.
- STS reserve the right to decline provision of service. Allocation of bus facility will be based on the availability of seat in the bus plying in the area.
- All STS vehicles, drivers and passengers are insured. In case of any claim due to accident, the company’s liability is limited to the comprehensive compensation paid by the insurance company, as per the terms of the insurance policy.
- Parents or guardians shall compensate the company for any damages caused / sustained by the bus or other travellers as a result of inappropriate action by their child/children.
- STS may use e-mail id / mobile number of the parents for conveying messages / sending newsletter / circulars.
Registration for Transport Service
- All students who require the services of STS shall apply in a prescribed form available on the website or at the college.
- The application form available on the website www.schooltransportservices.com or at the college counter should be completed and submitted by the parent. All asterisk marked columns must be filled up. The Parent should make the necessary payment at the STS counter in the college. A bus card will soon be provided to the student.
- Every transport user should have Bus Identity Card. No student will be permitted to board the bus without an ID card. This is emphasised for the safety of the students.