Departments and Subjects
STAGES OF STUDY
KINDERGARTEN (KG 1 & KG 2)
Our main objective for the Kindergarten years is to help our young students develop their cognitive and motor skills. During these formative years, the young learners are initiated to school life via friendly and stimulating atmosphere. We actively encourage the development of students’ curiosity and imagination by exposing them to an exciting and wonderful world of learning. Basic cognitive and motor skills are developed through a variety of creative, kinesthetic and problem solving activities.
By the end of the Kindergarten years, students develop a love for learning as well as mathematical, linguistic and psycho-social skills. Significant emphasis is placed on providing individual attention to develop each student’s potential and thus help the students gain confidence in their abilities and explore new areas of learning.
Subjects at the Kindergarten Level
· Environmental Studies
Music, Art and Craft, Physical Education and Sports activities are also woven into the curriculum. Students participate in an array of fun-filled activities including games, music, art and craft, story sessions, field trips, special weeks, assemblies and events.
THE PRIMARY SCHOOL
Grades I to IV
The Primary Years Grades 1 to 4 is always abuzz with exciting fun-filled activities and events. Other than academics, some favourite days are Stick Craft Day, World Environment Day, Healthy Food Week, etc. Students enjoy as well as learn meaningful lessons through these events.
Mother’s Day and Father’s Day are unique events when parents and students are asked to spend quality time together. The field trips organized to concretize classroom learning. These are the foundation years, where we help to instill the right values and a strong sense of responsibility and ethics in all our students.
Neat and careful work is encouraged and all good attempts are praised and valued. Students are provided with a wide range of techniques covering formal problem-solving, open–ended investigatory situations and observation skills are developed to extend their thinking process.
Throughout the Primary years, the student is supported in reaching his / her full potential in all areas of the curriculum. The student is encouraged to acquire attitudes and skills which will support his/her education in the future years.
Apart from preparing our students to succeed in academics, we invite the importance of maintaining a strong moral fibre, honesty and integrity in every task that they take up. A great emphasis is laid on positive motivation.
Subjects for Grades 1 to 4
• Environment Studies (Science + Social Studies)
• Advanced English / Malayalam / Hindi
• Islamic Studies / Moral Science
• Computer Science
Music, Art and Craft and Physical Education classes are integrated in the time-table to make sure that latent talents are developed. Students participate in several extra-curricular activities such as computers, games, dance and special assemblies which foster positive attitude and healthy habits.
THE MIDDLE SCHOOL
Grades V to VIII
· At the upper primary stage, integration of Science and Technology, bringing Mathematics closer to life and the introduction of integrated thematic approach to teaching of Social sciences are some of the new elements of the curriculum.
· In languages, emphasis has been laid on developing all skills, i.e., listening, speaking, reading, writing and thinking, in a balanced manner by the end of the upper primary stage.
· In Science and technology the focus is on developing the key concepts which cut across all the disciplines of science and on encouraging learners to improvise simple equipment and design experiments.
· In social science emphasis is laid on the processes of learning and developing academic and social skills rather than mere acquisition of facts.
· The pace of academic demands is slowly accelerated and while holistic growth is always the focus, our students are gradually prepared to accept challenges. The students become aware of the need to set goals and have long-term objectives.
Subjects at the Middle School Level:
• Computer Science
• Social Studies
• Moral Science / Islamic Studies
• Malayalam / Hindi (Choice of one)
Music, Art and Craft, Physical Education and Sports activities are included in the timetable to make sure that latent talents are developed and taken to new heights. It is our constant endeavour to lay the foundation for aesthetic appreciation and enjoyment of extracurricular activities.
THE SECONDARY SCHOOL
Grades IX & X
During these years the student’s intellectual, aesthetic, physical and cultural growth are strengthened and extended to a foundation course to suit the students to enable them to farewell. A smooth transition from childhood to adolescence is facilitated by value added education.
Academic challenges become the focus as the students begin to prepare for the All India Secondary Examination conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi, at the end of Grade 10.
Subjects offered in CBSE:
• Science and Technology
• Social Science
• Optional languages include Hindi, French and Malayalam.
Arabic is a compulsory subject in Grades 9 and 10. A school based internal examination for Arabic is conducted in both the years. Islamic Studies examination is conducted for Muslim students in both the years.
Work Experience, Art Education and Physical Education classes as per CBSE requirements are also woven into the curriculum.