Mission and Ethos
At Sherfield we provide a holistic approach to education, encouraging pupils to achieve excellence and to become lifelong learners.
Mission and Aims
We aim to provide:
· a broad, balanced, differentiated and creative curriculum incorporating the GEMS core values;
· equal opportunities for all regardless of sex, race, colour, age, creed or disability;
· high quality teaching and learning;
· a stimulating, challenging and positive ethos conducive to learning where everyone is valued and achievements are celebrated;
· opportunities for parents to support their children’s education and the life of the school.
We aim to enable each pupil to:
· develop morally, socially, culturally and spiritually embracing the GEMS core values of leadership, universal values, forward thinking and world citizenship;
· value learning and to be reliable, honest, resourceful, flexible and responsible;
· develop a positive self-image with the ability to express himself or herself confidently;
· become increasingly aware of the needs of others, developing a caring, supportive and responsible attitude;
· be able to work individually and in groups encouraging and helping others;
· work hard; reflect upon progress; set challenging targets; achieve the highest standards possible;
· use new technologies appropriately to enhance his or her learning;
· take part in a wide range of activities contributing fully to the life of the school.