Learn more about Indian international schools
Are you keen to educate your child inside the vibrant and ambitious Indian curriculum? At GEMS Education we offer students access to an increasingly globally recognised school system.
So what makes the Indian curriculum special? How can you be sure it's the right fit for your child? To learn more about this system and for more information about GEMS Indian international schools in Dubai and beyond.
The CBSE & the CISCE
There are two key versions of the Indian curriculum: the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) and the CISCE (Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations). Our international schools offer both of these pathways to our students. There are a few differences between the two schemes which are worth noting:
- The CBSE curriculum is designed and developed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training, New Delhi. It prepares students for the All India CBSE Secondary Schools Examination at age 16 (end of grade 10) and the All India Senior School Certificate Examination at age 18 (end of grade 12).
- The CISCE curriculum prepares students for the ISCE examination in secondary school and the ISC (Indian School Certificate) examination in the final year of secondary school.
Why choose the Indian curriculum?
At our Indian curriculum schools both overseas and in India, students benefit from a highly supportive system which encourages them to strive to reach their full, individual potential. Both of the Indian curricula we offer give students of all abilities and aptitudes the chance to achieve their very best in a broad range of subjects including:
- Business studies
- Information technology
- Indian languages
- Maths, English & the sciences
- The arts
The CBSE and the CISCE open exciting doors for GEMS students. Indian universities are closely interlinked with these secondary school systems. This means that successful students have a golden ticket to India's best higher education establishments.
The Indian curriculum is also rapidly gaining recognition and respect worldwide. We're very proud of our students from GEMS Indian curriculum schools, many of whom have been extremely successful in qualifying for places at prestigious international universities.
Focus: culture & opportunity
Our Indian curriculum schools celebrate Indian culture and values. Teachers and families share a common belief that a good education is a passport to life’s opportunities.
- Highly respected national and regional systems
- Strong focus on academics
- Covers wide ability range
- Tried and tested
- Recently revised
- Growing acceptance for university entrance worldwide
GEMS Education teach the Indian curriculum to an outstanding level all over the world, offering great value education and a world of opportunity to students including expats and NRI families. To learn more about enrolling your child at a GEMS Indian international school in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates, India or beyond, contact our team for further information.
Did you know that India's long history of textiles comes from plants - many of which are still used today? Madder dye, which gives a vibrant red comes from the roots of a herbaceous climbing plant known as 'chay'. Just one of the wonders of learning with GEMS.