A school-based, full-time, teacher training programme
GEMS Education in partnership with the Institute of TELLAL is offering a distinct Schools-led Apprenticeship Teacher Training (ATT) programme
What is ATT?
The Apprenticeship Teacher Training (ATT) programme is the first of its kind in the UAE supporting aspiring or existing teachers. The ATT is a school-based, full-time, teacher training programme, of 10-months duration beginning in August 2016.
Why Choose an ATT Programme?
- Step into the class from the onset of the programme
- Be skilled in modern pedagogy
- Be trained by the largest K-12 provider of private education
- Support from your own personal mentor and TELLAL teacher trainers
- Potential specialist teaching routes available (eg. Primary, Secondary, Arabic, Early Childhood Education, Special Education Needs)
- TELLAL Certificate* in Teaching Practice
*seeking KHDA approval
ATT Programme Options
- GCSE/High School equivalent– 70% overall grade or higher
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent (subject specialism for Secondary, Arabic and Islamic)
- English proficiency (e.g. IELTS Level 7, 6.5 for Arabic route)
- Minimum 2-week experience in a school setting
How to Apply
You will need to complete the online application via this link.
Deadline for completion: 14th May 2016
Ensure you have the following documents ready for submission as part of the application:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Original Degree Certificate and University Transcripts
- Successful applicants will receive an invite to be interviewed
- Prepare a portfolio evidencing prior school experience (working with children) in advance of the interview
- Prepare for a basic Maths, English and Science skills tests; Arabic for the Arabic route
There will be an open evening on Tuesday 19th April 2016 at 18:30 at Wellington International School (WIS) on Sheikh Zayed Road. Please click this link for the location map.
Attendance to ATT open evening 2016
Please complete the form via this link to register yourself for the open evening 2016