20 August 2020
Dubai, UAE: Students from 21 GEMS Education schools celebrated yet another successful year of GCSE results today, despite the challenges presented by the global pandemic. GEMS schools returned a record 2,700 students who took over 19,600 IGCSE/GCSEs.
Across the GEMS network, more than 500 students achieved the highest grade 9. Of all grades across GEMS schools, 49 per cent attained grade 9 - 7 (A* - A) and 76 per cent were grade 9 - 5 (A* - B).
- GEMS Wellington International School achieved an extraordinary 26 per cent of entries at grade 9, and 94 per cent at 9 - 5
- GEMS Jumeirah College returned 21 per cent of entries at grade 9 and 98 per cent at 9 - 5
- GEMS Wellington Academy, Al Khail had 48 per cent of grades at 9 - 7 with nearly half of their students achieving a grade 9
- GEMS Wellington Academy, Silicon Oasis scored 57 per cent of grades at 9 - 7 and 92 per cent of grades at 9 – 5
- GEMS Winchester School, Jebel Ali reached 72 per cent of grades at 9 – 5 while GEMS FirstPoint School – The Villa achieved 80 per cent at 9 – 5
- GEMS Founders School, Dubai performed superbly, with 44 per cent of students achieving a grade 9 and 80 per cent of entries at 9 - 5
- GEMS Our Own English High School, Al Ain achieved 56 per cent of grades at 9 – 7
- GEMS Cambridge International School, Abu Dhabi attained 46 per cent of grades at 9 – 7
Jodh Singh Dhesi, Deputy Chief Education Officer, GEMS Education, said: “I congratulate all of our students for their outstanding results at IGCSE and GCSE. We are proud of the performance of all our GCSE students in what has been a challenging year. These results reflect not only the hard work and determination of our students but, also showcases the support of their parents and the dedication of our teachers. We wish all our young people every continued success in their future endeavours.”