30 July 2021
Dubai, United Arab Emirates – Students at GEMS Education’s CBSE curriculum schools across the UAE have excelled against all the odds and achieved outstanding results in the 2021 board exams for Grade 12. Their scores have continued to raise the bar of academic excellence, despite the numerous challenges and disruptions of the past 18 months caused by the ongoing pandemic.
CBSE Grade 12 headline results
- A total of 1,981 Grade 12 pupils from 10 GEMS CBSE schools were assessed
- All schools recorded an outstanding 100% pass rate
- 48.11% of students scored above 90%
- 23.33% of students scored between 85% and 90%
- The overall average among GEMS students was 88.24%
Michael Guzder, Vice President – Education at GEMS Education, said: “Congratulations to all our GEMS CBSE principals, teaching staff, pupils and their parents on this year’s Grade 12 results. It has been a year like no other, and this batch has certainly not had it easy. However, GEMS schools have once again risen to the occasion and ensured that portions were completed and thoroughly revised, and that pupils were prepared for any eventuality.
“The exams having been cancelled, the policy formulated by the Board ensured a fair result, based on internal marks. The uncertainty is finally over, and consistent hard work has paid dividends. Pupils can now go ahead and join college while planning their life and career in the years ahead.”
Top performing students
- Shalon Anna Shaji, GEMS Our Own English High School – Dubai (99.4%)
- Naveen Suresh Nair, GEMS Our Own Indian School – Dubai (99.2%)
- Siddharth Madhusudan Nair, GEMS Our Own Indian School – Dubai (99.0%)
- Priya Paleri, GEMS Our Own English High School – Dubai (99.0%)
- Christene Susan Thomas, GEMS Our Own English High School – Dubai (99.0%)
- Athira Mary Mathew, GEMS Our Own English High School – Dubai (99.0%)
- Akhila Kondath, GEMS Our Own Indian School – Dubai (99.0%)
Shalon Anna Shaji of GEMS Our Own English High School – Dubai said: “Having graduated after 14 years at GEMS Our Own English High School, I am filled with immense gratitude to my teachers, friends and all the staff that shaped me into the person I am today. Though the pandemic reduced our physical classes to online classes, our studies and other activities were never compromised. Our school always provided us with the best resources and facilities to learn and grow as students. Our teachers took immense effort to teach us effectively through the online mode by using the different features available on our various online platforms. Personally, the classes being online helped me to be more productive each day, since I got more time to focus on my studies and other activities.”
Top performers by stream
- Science: Shalon Anna Shaji (99.4%)
- Commerce: Akhila Kondath (99.0%)
- Humanities: Siddharth Madhusudan Nair (99.0%), Christine Susan Thomas (99.0%) and Athira Mary Mathew (99.0%)
These outstanding CBSE Grade 12 results follow equally impressive IBDP results declared earlier in July, when GEMS students surpassed all previous years by achieving record-breaking results.