Choosing an international school
The International Baccalaureate (IB) is your child's passport to a well-rounded and outstanding global education. This qualification and curriculum offers students from a wide range of cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds the opportunity to gain a world class qualification. But is it the right fit for your child? Find out more below...
Why choose the International Baccalaureate?
The IB originally began as a programme for globe-trotting students and their families. Today it is taught in 2,984 schools across 139 countries, with more than 830,000 students worldwide.
At GEMS Education our schools offer three high quality IB programmes for students aged 3 to 19. The curriculum is designed to help young people grow academically, personally, emotionally and socially. The goal? To educate students with the skills they need to thrive in a rapidly globalising world.
Focus: lifelong learning and personal growth
Our International Baccalaureate schools encourage children to become students for life as well as responsible, open-minded citizens of the world. The grand aim of the IB is to develop a lifelong love of learning in students, alongside an appreciation of diverse cultures and global points of view.
The three International Baccalaureate programmes are modelled on elements of educational systems from around the world. The end result is a unique and inspiring curriculum.
The three IB programmes we offer include:
- The Primary Years Programme (PYP) - for students aged 3 to 12
- The Middle Years Programme (MYP) - for students aged 11 to 16
- The Diploma Programme (DP) - for students aged 16 to 19
- Established since 1969
- Emphasises an international outlook
- Recognised by universities worldwide
- Considered the broadest international curriculum with an excellent balance of subjects
- Introduces an independent research model of learning at the Diploma level
- School-driven formative assessment
- Available at Primary, Middle and Diploma levels
Please get in touch with our team for more information about our pioneering International Baccalaureate schools in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates.
Did you know that in 2014 there were 4,972 International Baccalaureate programmes being offered worldwide, across 3,968 schools. Just one of the wonders of learning with GEMS.